Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

.

LJ

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Mai

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Corneilius Christopher

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Where's my wrinkle cream!?

I am at a point in my life where I am holding tight to my youth! As I approach my 29th birthday (in June, a year from 30!!), I am starting to feel a bit old! There are several factors that contribute to my problem. None include details such as: I adore glitter. I believe a little sparkle helps...in my case a lot. False eye lashes can be tasteful and worn to teach kindergarten. I relish in the fact I still can perform my high school fight song, high kicks included. Pep assemblies make me tingle, I love them! I am a master at the "Souja Boy" dance. I wear bows in my hair. I have dance parties at home, with my family.

However, Amanda is just months away from graduation. My LITTLE sister, who started high school when I started teaching, is about to be a colleague!? How can the girl I remember changing be a grown-up!? It seems like yesterday I wore my fancy bow (thank you Uncle Tom) to see her at the hospital. I remember when she started Kindergarten and she sat in back with the "in" crowd because I ruled the bus in 7th grade. When I started driving, after much convincing, I drove her to the corner and got her a grape ring pop. She was holding a Barbie in my prom picture. I took one of my first "personal" days to document prom her junior year. I woke her from a party-induced slumber (what do you want she was in college!) to do unspeakable acts when my water broke with Liah. And now she calls me to ask about treasure chest items and lesson plans.

I used to be the cool, young, hot teacher! Heaven help me....that woman has been replaced....by Manda!

And what do I get? I get big fat unsightly bruises from a middle school tug-o-war competition. What am I 90?! (In my defense I was one of the smallest and was trapped in the rope...being tugged myself.... this however only means I am also weak! Chris has no injuries to report!:( )


Anyone who knows me, knows what all this means.... Here comes the wrinkle cream, hair color, tan in a bottle, thigh-master band aide I will apply to my real wounds! :)

0 comments: